Thursday, 18 September 2008

TALES FROM THE CRYPT

One of my worst fears my entire life was having a nail ripped off, and rightfully so, since it's a horrible and disgusting thing to occur.

A few years ago I was on the verge of learning switch 360 flips. Like I had been running nollie tre flips for a while, so I was pretty confident I had this shit. I was landing them but I was just figuring out how to avoid that awkward 5 degree turn thing that happens.

Then the board came around took my toenail off. Fucking halfcabs. Took off my shoe and my sock was soaked in blood. It wasn't so bad, I think the shock lessened the pain.

july22 019

It was gnarly though. Like A week later I was skating, and the toenail was basically on a hinge, connected just at the cuticle. Very gross.

I think this was taken like 5 months later. Damn that is freakish.
healing toe

My toenail grew in properly, after 8 months and I've never seriously tried a switch 360 flip since that day.

*Also I fell asleep on the GO train last night and woke up in a train maintenance yard in the middle of nowhere at 2:30 in the morning. Great night!

Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man